The magazine RUD is published from 2000. It is intended for the general public, especially those interested in folk culture and traditional crafts, craftsmen, producers of folk art, amateur and professional artists, designers, and ethnographers. The magazine focuses on craft traditions and their use in the contemporary products by craftsmen and professional artists.
The magazine is published by the Centre for Folk Art Production in Bratislava. It is published half-yearly with 80 pages and it includes english summary.
Current issue: 2/2022
- Traditions of folk art and craft circulating in mass culture and popular culture
- Breaking with tradition
- Nature’s message in indigo
- Tradition versus kitsch
- The new face of the open workshop
- Household textiles and ÚĽUV part II
- Further dimensions of craft
- PETER DOLINAJ – Living a glass dream
- PETER LUŽÁK and TATIANA HOMOLAYOVÁ HANZELOVÁ – Connected with clay
- Modra openwork plates from the 19th century to the present day
- The cherry (not only) on the cake
- Guide to the world of crafts
- Homo Faber through an ambassador’s eyes
- Giddy-up, wake up, move!
- Rings in Water 2022
- Let’s discover a craft – Wire craft
- Carved animals
- From pencils to knives